Earlier we saw how to root you WT19i Live with Walkman, now its time to see how we can install a feature rich custom ROM.Hybrom V15 is one of the popular Custom ROMs for WT19i. One of the senior members of XDA Forum has a contributing hand in this. This new version is truly rocking and the work seems to be quite amazing. This build is comparatively much better than the older ones. The credit for this goes to developerBbooff. This new program rocks mainly due to the stability that it displays along with quick work and better performance. You will also have root previlages with this ROM.
Note: If you are looking to ONLY Root your WT19i after 0.62 firmware update then you can do it with the help of this: Root WT19i on 0.62 firmware update.
Features of Hybrom custom ROM for WT19i Live with Walkman
- Root privileges
- 4.0.2.A.0.62 Firmware i.e. Android 2.3.4
- Go Launcher
- Busy Box
- Sony Sketch Font
- Reboot in fast mode and cwm
- Tweaks that include a good management of memory
- Tweaks for good scrolling
- ICS swipe notification
- ICS transition animation
- Cleaning script
- Touchscreen script
- SMS compression
- Most of the bugs are detected and fixed
- Many improvements added
- Updated apps
- And many more
How to install custom ROM Hybrom on WT19i
Disclaimer: The procedure as given here may damage your handset if you do not follow the steps properly. We would appreciate that you should take this up only if you have technical knowledge and you know at least what you are doing. Kindly add Hybrom to WT19i at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
The first and the foremost thing you are required to do is, download HYBROMAN V15 fOR WT19i. You can download it here : HYBROMAN V15 (WT19i)
it is important to note that you must unlock the bootloader of your WT19i officially before you take up any of the procedures given below. Along with this you need to install ClockworkMod recovery and custom kernel.
You can unlock the bootloader officially through the above link and here is how you can install ClockworkMod recovery for WT19i.
Install ClockworkMod recovery for WT19i
- Download ClockworkMod from here: Download CWM
- Install ADB drivers in not already installed. Download ADB drivers
- Run install-cmw2.cmd (Do not run install-cmw1.cmd)
- Enable USB Debugging on device. (Settings->Application->Development->check USB debugging)
- Connect the phone to PC with the USB cable.
- Now just follow the instructions on the screen.
Moving on to installation of custom Rom on WT19i
- Copy the zip file which we downloaded initially to the SD card.
- Now reboot the phone into ClockworkMod.
- After that make a full data wipe-factory reset
- Also wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Now you can install zip from sd card
- Just wait for sometime so that installation can get completed
- Reboot now. ( Keep in mind that first reboot after installation might take a while and so you must have patience. Screen may get black)
- Reboot again.
We are sure that people with a good technical knowledge won’t face any issues with the above procedure. But if you are a newbie then you should follow the instructions properly to get it done. Here are a few questions that might arise:
1) Why we need to custom Kernel?
A. Changing Kernel will let you to overclock the CPU and you can run it at almost double the speed. Keep in mind the this speeds up the system, but drains the battery too fast.
2) Why do I need to unlock the bootloader and how to do it?
A. Hybrom do not have a boot image. When it is installed without unlocking the bootloader, the CWM recovery causes a few issues. This can be resolved only with an unlocked bootloader. The procedure to unlock Sony Ericsson bootloader officially is given earlier by us.
3) Where does we get the custom Kernel?
A. The ClockworkMod already comes with custom Kernel.
Do let us know your experience in installing custom ROM on your Sony Ericsson WT19i
Update: Hybrom Version v17 have come up and it has some superb features. Check herehttp://www.androidust.com/install-latest-version-of-hybrom-rom-for-sony-wt19i/
Also check: ICs MIUI ROM for WT19i right here in this link, http://www.androidust.com/ics-miui-rom-for-xperia-wt19i-live-with-walkman/